Skip to main content

Personal SWOT Analysis

SWOT Analysis

A SWOT analysis is used to identify peoples Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats.


Strengths:

Knowledge of Industry software (3DS Max, Maya)

I have a very creative mind for creating new things

I am very punctual in my timekeeping

Weaknesses:

Can be distracted

I never really seem to push myself when it is necessary

I take way too planning than doing the work

Opportunities:

I am part of the NextGen course which helps me learn the ways of the industry that I am wanting to be a part of


We often get people from the industry coming into our class to talk to us about our work and how we can improve it and giving us information about how to get started in the industry.

My work can be looked at by people from the industry which in the end are looking for people to give jobs to.


I have access to numerous industry programs such as 3DS Max, Unreal Engine and Unity allowing me to get a taste of what there is in the industry.

Threats: 

I am competing against other classmates in the end of this for a opportunity at a job further down the line at the end of the course

Somebody's work can be better than mine so I have to make my work stand out and look as best as possible and push myself to make it that way.
 
Action Plan For Development

For me to get into the industry I will need to develop my skills even further especially if I want to become a character sketch artist for a big developer in the industry. 


For this I need to practice my real life sketches as well as the muscle formation in the body so everything looks correct towards the human proportion. 


I need to develop multiple styles of drawing more than I already know as I can't guarantee that the project I will be working on will fit with the styles of drawing that I already know.


I will also need to develop my experience with things like coding because it is always nice to be able to a well rounded experienced person when it comes to the industry as it will help in me giving feedback to fellow colleagues in the industry. 


I would also say that I need to develop my comfort zone in more of a personal way so I can push myself to show off what I know and what I can do.

  

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sculpting a Character in Mudbox

So today I have been using Mudbox to sculpt a character. The character itself is a turtle with its shell on. So to start off I decided to work on his skin first and within this I was using two main tools the first being the imprint tool and the second being the smooth tool. I started off with a stamp that comes with Mudbox and I would just stamp the area I needed to give it a bumpy area on the skin. I would then smooth off the more harsh areas so it doesn't have any major jagged lines on it. After doing this for a while I started to notice that it was giving off quite a stone texture to the skin which I started to like after a while. However when it came to the feet I changed it up a little as I smoothed the toes a lot more than the other parts of the body which makes them stand out more and when it comes to texturing this guy I can add more detail to it by changing some of the colours around. Next I started on sculpting on the shell which I made look very unique as I made some v...

Contract Types

Intern-ships: An internship is a temporary job position with an emphasis with on the job training rather than just employment, it can be both paid and unpaid employment. In some cases when applying for a job you may be required to take an internship before the employers deem you qualified for the job, this is more common with Publishers than Developers. How are they paid? Interns are paid by their employers if they’re getting paid, those who do according to NACE’s intern compensation report average wage for an intern with a masters degree is 35% more than those with a bachelors degree. Benefits When you have an internship you’re getting real work experience that’s invaluable when it comes to looking for a full-time job and shouldn’t be overlooked, also when you work an internship for the company they may consider taking you on for a full-time job or if and when they need a man to fill a position for a couple of months you could be on their list. Disadvantages Interns are usually paid l...

Model [Doomhammer Model]

So today we decided to do some more 3d modeling. The models could be of anything we like of any genre so I decided that because I have played World of Warcraft in the past and it is a game I enjoy I decided to model one of the weapons in the game. The weapon i chose was Doomhammer which happens to be very nice model and has some nice detail in the model. The picture I chose to help: As you can tell the model looks quite difficult however a lot of the detail in the model can just be done with texturing the only part I could worry about or just not have on the model is the cloth above the hilt that sticks out but we shall see what happens when it comes to me texturing the model. My model so far: The shape of my model is looking very similar to what the original looks like and I am enjoying making the model as this is definitely developing my skills in 3ds max as well as texturing. I will be updating this post with every time the model is updated.